Previous
Perth Glory
Sydney FC
(1) 0
(4) 0
FT-Pens
Sydney FC wins 4-1 on Penalty Kicks.
Game Details
Next
Real MadridReal Madrid
Real BetisReal Betis
0
2
FT
Game Details
Real SociedadReal Sociedad
Real MadridReal Madrid
3
1
FT
Game Details

Sources: Hazard wants Real Madrid move ASAP

Transfers
Read

Real Madrid teammates Ramos, Marcelo involved in training ground row - sources

ESPN FC's Shaka Hislop can't understand why Real Madrid would even entertain the thought of bringing back Jose Mourinho to manage the club.
Paul Mariner and Ross Dyer dissect the latest transfer rumours, including Antonio Conte and Jose Mourinho making surprise returns to former clubs.
Mark Donaldson and Shaka Hislop weigh up which players at Real Madrid should be kept and offloaded to improve the squad in the summer.

A training ground clash between Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos and vice-captain Marcelo last Saturday was only a momentary lapse in their close relationship due to the tension around the club, sources have told ESPN FC.

The incident between long-time defensive colleagues Ramos and Marcelo took place towards the end of Saturday's session at Madrid's Valdebebas training ground.

Reports in Spain suggest Marcelo celebrated effusively after his team had won the mini-game which ended the session, including shouting "now you have to suck me" -- angering Ramos who called out the Brazil international for his bad language and attitude in a frank discussion which continued for a couple of minutes.

A source present confirmed to ESPN FC that the incident did take place, but that it was not serious and that "everyone is tense" around the club at the moment given the recent defeats to Ajax and Barcelona [twice] which ended their chances in the Champions League, La Liga and Copa del Rey this season.

Both players travelled for Madrid's 4-1 La Liga win at Real Valladolid on Sunday, with Marcelo making a late substitute appearance and Ramos accompanying the squad even though he was suspended for the game. They were also back training under Santiago Solari's guidance at Valdebebas on Monday.

Marcelo, 30, has won 20 trophies including four Champions League titles in more than a decade at the Bernabeu, but his future remains uncertain, given 22-year-old youth team product Sergio Reguilon has emerged as Solari's first choice left-back in recent months.

The Brazil international has been linked with a summer move to Juventus, where he would play alongside with former Madrid teammate Cristiano Ronaldo, but sources have told ESPN FC that he is planning on honouring a contract which ties him to the Bernabeu until 2022.

"If I am on the list of players [Madrid] want to sell, then they can pay me up and all is sorted," Marcelo told Brazilian outlet Esporte Interativo in February. "I will be sad, but I'll go."

With Madrid already out of the running in all three major competitions three months before the end of the season, Madrid sources told ESPN last week that the only thing delaying Solari's sacking was finding a suitable replacement.

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.