Previous
Juventus
Tottenham Hotspur
2
3
FT
Game Details
Next

Peru's Guerrero loses doping appeal

Peru
Read

Milan hit with Europa League ban for 2019-20

ESPN FC's Mina Rzouki explains why AC Milan will not be disappointed by their ban from the UEFA Europa League for the 2019-20 season.

AC Milan's exclusion from the Europa League for the 2019-20 season has been upheld, the Court of Arbitration (CAS) has ruled.

The Rossoneri finished the previous campaign in fifth place, missing out on a Champions League finish to their city neighbours Inter by one point.

- Top European league honours 2018-19

But despite qualifying for the Europa League, they will not play in the competition next season after being found guilty of failing to adhere to UEFA's financial fair play (FFP) regulations.

"AC...

Ex-Flamengo president charged for deadly fire

A fire on Friday left 10 people dead and three people injured at Flamengo's training centre in Rio de Janeiro.

Brazilian police have charged Flamengo's former president with manslaughter for a fire that killed 10 teenage players in February.

An investigators' report obtained by The Associated Press shows Eduardo Bandeira de Mello and seven others were charged over the fire at the club's training facility.

- Flamengo: Tragedy in the Vulture's Nest

Mello did not respond to a request for comment on Tuesday. The Rio de Janeiro-based team said it didn't know of the charges.

The report signed by investigator Marcio...

Ronaldinho's son signs professional contract with Cruzeiro

Ronaldinho's son Joao Mendes de Assis Moreira has signed his first professional contract with Cruzeiro.

The promising forward, who will be playing with the under-14 squad, has signed a deal for several years, sources told ESPN Brasil.

"[Cruzeiro] were the team that opened the gates for me. I am very fond of the club," he said. "The training sessions are great and the infrastructure is top level. We're talking about Brazil's best club and it's a pleasure to be here."

Cruzeiro were unaware that Joao...

Pato signs with Sao Paulo after leaving Chinese side Tianjin Tianhai

Alexadre Pato controls the ball for Tianjin Quanjian.
Pato spent two years on loan at Sai Paulo in 2014 and 2015.

Sao Paulo have signed former Brazil international striker Alexandre Pato until December of 2022, the club announced on Wednesday.

The 29-year-old, who spent two seasons on loan at Sao Paulo in 2014 and 2015, was a free agent after leaving Chinese Super League (CSL) side Tianjin Tianhai earlier this month.

He is the first signing under new manager Cuca, who was appointed in February.

An Internacional academy product, the former AC Milan man had spells at Corinthians, Chelsea and Villarreal...

Mauro Icardi to return to Inter Milan training after standoff

Mauro Icardi's standoff with Inter Milan appears set to end amid reports that he will return to training with the club on Thursday.

The Argentine forward has not been on the field in more than a month, since being stripped off his captaincy amid protracted contract negotiations. The 26-year-old Icardi has said he has a knee injury, although the club has said that tests did not reveal any particular problem.

A meeting between Inter chief executive Giuseppe Marotta and Paolo Nicoletti, Icardi's lawyer,...