LIVE Transfer Talk: Man United back for Sancho if Pogba, Lukaku depart
The transfer window is open. Click here to review all the latest transfers. And keep up to date with the latest gossip below.
TOP STORY: Man United back for Sancho if Pogba, Lukaku depart
Sources have told ESPN that Manchester United only have £100m to spend this summer, but if they are able to ship out some star players then they'll have a bit more.
United were keen on Borussia Dortmund and England winger Jadon Sancho but were put off by his £100m price tag. Yet that seems to be about to change as the club consider selling Romelu Lukaku or Paul Pogba.
The Sun claim that with an extra £100m in the kitty after one of those depart, United would be able to splash the cash on Sancho -- with the 19-year-old fitting into Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's plans of buying young players with plenty of potential.
Inter are keen on landing Lukaku for £75m, while Pogba has been linked with a return to Juventus or a move to Real Madrid and claimed earlier this month he wanted "a new challenge" -- but sources have told ESPN that the club expect him to remain at Old Trafford next season.
23.30 BST: That will do it for the latest edition of our LIVE Transfer Talk blog. We hoped you enjoyed following along with us and remind you to check back shortly for the latest transfer rumours, reports and completed deals. Goodnight!
23.10 BST: We'll wrap up today's blog with a big one!
After a year away at PSG, Gianluigi Buffon is set to return to Juventus, according to Gianluca Di Marzio. The 41-year-old World Cup winner spent 19 seasons in Turin between 2001-18, making 656 appearances and winning nine Serie A titles during that span.
Buffon has reportedly agreed to back up Wojciech Szczesny and will be keen to write a better ending to his time in Turin than he did in 2017-18, when he was sent off in the 9rd minute of a Champions League quarterfinal against Real Madrid.
Buffon, who is one of the football's most decorated goalkeepers ever, will hope linking up with Cristiano Ronaldo in Turin will result in him finally winning that elusive Champions League trophy.
Welcome back, Gigi!
22.40 BST: Could long-lost USMNT forward Aron Johannsson be set for an MLS move?
Earlier in the week one Werder Bremen-centric site indicated that Johannsson could be set for a move to the Seattle Sounders. Not only is that not the case according to multiple sources, but one source went so far as to say Johannsson "will not move to MLS in this window."
The oft-injured forward has been limited to just 30 league and cup appearances over four seasons and will see his contract with Bremen expire on June 30.
Johannsson, 28, has made 19 appearances with the U.S. national team, scoring four goals but has not appeared for the Stars and Stripes since 2015.
Now 28, Johannsson has made 19 appearances with the U.S. national team, scoring four goals. His last appearance with the U.S. came in 2015.
22.04 BST: Tottenham look like they are set to make their first signing in 18 months as Gianluca Di Marzio reports that Spurs are closing in on a €62 million plus bonuses move for Lyon central midfielder Tanguy Ndombele.
Di Marzio writes that there are only a few details left to iron out and that the 22-year-old is bound for the Premier League and Spurs. A complete midfielder who controls the middle of the park, Ndombele is adept at dribbling in tight spaces, keeping the ball moving, winning it back and making up ground with his terrific speed.
No done deal yet for Spurs but it sounds like the player signing in North London is finally nearing an end.
21.36 BST: Nicolas Pepe to Liverpool?
Fake news according to the Anfield club. The Reds have shot down reports claiming that they are in concrete talks with the Lille breakout star, calling those rumours "pure lies."
Earlier in June, Liverpool's sporting director Michael Edwards personally reached out to Lille manager Christophe Galtier, informing him the European champions have "zero interest" in the Ivory Coast international.
Liverpool feel they are being used to escalate interest in Pepe, who racked up 23 goals and 12 assists last season for Ligue 1 runner-ups Lille, is currently valued at around £70 million.
Gomes, who played 29 times last season at Everton while on loan from Barcelona, will sign a five-year contract at Goodison Park.
"I know the [Everton] Club made a massive effort to sign me and I'm very happy and thankful to them. I said during the year that I felt part of a family and that is the most important thing to me," said Gomes.
"Last year was a really good experience for me. I just wanted to feel part of something special and I found it here. It was good for me in that moment and right now, after signing for Everton, it's even better."
Marco Silva's No. 1 priority was to sign Silva on a permanent basis and with the Portugal international locked in, expect Everton to move to try and sign another loanee in Kurt Zouma from Chelsea.
The Mirror writes that Man United could surprisingly turn to Sevilla's £36 million-rated hit man Wissam Ben Yedder. Ben Yedder, who has experience a bit of mid-career revival, has scored 70 goals in 136 games since arriving in Seville in 2016, including a brace to knock United out of the Champions League in 2018.
Now 28, Ben Yedder earned his first call-up for France in 2018 and is also reportedly being monitored by Barcelona and PSG.
20.07 BST: Man City winger set for an "exit" this week?
LeedsLive claims that Man City youngster Jack Harrison, formerly of NYCFC fame, is set to seal another loan move to Elland Road this week. Harrison, 22, played 41 times while on loan last season at Leeds and has an admirer in Whites' boss Marcelo Bielsa.
The England Under-21 international has not played for City since joining in Jan. 2017, spending time on loan at Middlesbrough in 2017-17.
19.23 BST: Over to MLS where San Jose have made a signing.
The Earthquakes have announced the signing of Mexico Under-23 and Cruz Azul winger Carlos Fierro for an undisclosed fee. The 24-year-old links up with Matias Almeyda, his former coach at Chivas, where he played between 2011-18.
"I know Carlos from my time at Chivas," Almeyda said in a club statement. "I know him as a person and as a professional. I know he can help us a lot with his style of play. He's a player that I can use in various positions. I thank the club and the effort they made to be able to buy him. Hopefully he does a great job, which is what everyone hopes for."
Fierro has won a Liga MX league title and a Copa MX and famously starred for Mexico as they won the 2011 U-17 World Cup.
18.41 BST: West Ham striker Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez has made a decision on his future.
In his new vlog series "Naked Humans," the Mexican international has revealed that he expects to leave West Ham this summer.
"[My agent] is searching for a club, if we can move. If not I will stay with West Ham easy, happy. I have one year left, but I think West Ham and I have decided it would just be better for me to just go out."
Hernandez has longed been linked with MLS, although he has stated recently that he'd prefer to remain in Europe for now. Mexico's all-time leading scorer with 51 goals, Chicharito has played for Manchester United, Real Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen and West Ham since arriving in Europe in 2010 from Chivas.
18.09 BST: Newly-promoted Aston Villa are set to lose out on a transfer target to a Premier League rival.
LeicestershireLive reports that Leicester have an agreement in place for Luton Town defender James Justin. The England Under-20 international, 21, has been linked with a series of Premier League clubs after helping the Hatters win back-to-back promotions.
A converted midfielder, Justin has excelled at right-back and is expected to be announced in time to join up with Leicester for preseason next week. Back to the drawing board for Villa.
17.41 BST: We talked about Leeds signing Italy and Serie A legend Gianlugi Buffon last week but could another Italian legend be bound for Elland Road?
Former Italy international Marco Borriello, in an interview with Sky Sports, told the outlet that former Roma and Italy legend Totti, who has not played in two years, has told him he is still receiving offers to come out of retirement to play.
"I know that a president of a Championship team has proposed him [Totti] to come back to Ibiza to play, but he has now stopped." This interview has led to speculation that Leeds, who are owned by Italian Andrea Radrizzani, are the club interested in the Roma icon.This sounds like a tabloid story at best but what a story it would be to see the 42-year-old Totti to return to football.
If reports in Italy are to be believed, another Roma player could follow them out the door. RomaPress writes that forward Stephan El Shaarawy is nearing a move to wealthy Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua.
The 26-year-old, who scored 11 goals last season, would go for an €18 million fee and earn up to €15 million in salary. It has to be frustrating to be a Roma supporter at the moment...
16.41 BST: Lautaro Martinez's father told has said he would love to see his son managed by Pep Guardiola.
Inter Milan forward Martinez scored against Qatar as Argentina recorded their first victory in the Copa America to secure a passage to the knockout phase.
Asked about his son's future, Mario Martinez told Super Deportivo Radio: "A father would love to see him managed by Pep Guardiola at some point -- but these are just dreams."
15.51 BST: Roma have confirmed Gianluca Petrachi will be Monchi's replacement as the club's new sporting director.
Naturally, many have jumped to the conclusion that Andrea Belotti could follow the former Torino director to the Stadio Olimpico.
Roma are in the market for a new forward, with Edin Dzeko likely to join Inter Milan.
Welcome to #ASRoma, Gianluca Petrachi! ✍️— AS Roma English (@ASRomaEN) June 25, 2019
The new sporting director will begin work on July 1.
De Rossi announced he was leaving his boyhood clubs this summer, but was not retiring -- yet gave no clues as to what his next destination would be. Rumours he could make a sensational move to Argentine side Boca Juniors persist, but Bologna, along the Milan clubs are Fiorentina, remain keen.
Former Roma director Walter Sabatini moved to Bologna this summer.
The Uruguay international's former boss at Sampdoria, Marco Giampaolo, has recently been appointed as the Rossoneri's new manager -- and that inevitably led to rumours of a reunion at San Siro.
However, while a move to Milan would be appealing to Torreira, he is not desperate for it, the report claims.
The report claims England's elimination from the European Under-21 Championship has sped up the process and an agreement with Crystal Palace is edging closer.
United have already signed Dan James from Swansea.
13.36 BST: Hold the phone. If you thought the saga over which club Matthijs de Ligt would move to this summer was over with the strong reports he was off to Juve was finished, you just might be wrong.
Because Mundo Deportivo claim the Dutch international has not made up his mind yet and could still move to Barcelona.
12.59 BST: Red Bull Salzburg assistant coach Rene Maric clearly has a high opinion of reported Arsenal target Dominik Szoboszlai.
potential to become the best CM in the world— RM (@ReneMaric) June 23, 2019
The report claims agent Mino Raiola, who represents both players, believes an experience abroad could help Kean's development. Everton are also monitoring the situation and could be ready to spend €30 million on the Italy international.
Kean was part of the Auzzurri U21 side which disappointingly exited this summer's European Championship at the group stage.
11.58 BST: PSG's Christopher Nkunku will be joining RB Leipzig shortly.
The France under-21 international, who was wanted by Arsenal back in January and still had a year left on his contract, will move to Germany for a fee in the region of €15 million plus various bonuses -- including a significant percentage of the 21-year-old's next sale value.
With PSG and Lille still discussing the future of Timothy Weah and Moussa Diaby now a Bayer Leverkusen player, the French champions are on course to meet their financial fair play (FFP) needs before the end of the month.
11.22 BST: Real Zaragoza have publicly denied they have agreed a deal with Manchester United for 16-year-old Mateo Mejia. United remained interested in Meija but on Monday, Zaragoza dismissed reports a £600,000 fee has been agreed.
A statement released on the club's official website read: "Given the information in the United Kingdom about the Real Zaragoza footballer Mateo Mejia and the interest of Manchester United for his signing, Real Zaragoza wants to clarify the following.
"Mateo Mejia is a footballer who belongs to Real Zaragoza, linked to the club with a contract until June 30, 2020. "Real Zaragoza has not reached any agreement for the transfer of this player to Manchester United."
10.59 BST: Real Madrid legend Iker Casillas is impressed with Juventus' transfer business.
10.27 BST: Liverpool are putting the final touches on signing PEC Zwolle's highly rated teenage defender Sepp van den Berg, sources have told ESPN FC.
PSV Eindhoven had been given permission to negotiate a deal for the 17-year-old, who has also been heavily monitored by Bayern Munich and Ajax, but the centre-back has opted for Anfield as his next destination.
On the plus side, it's not the €100m that Lazio were demanding last summer, but Blicsport in Serbia also report PSG's interest in the Serbia midfielder so they must be pretty serious about him.
08.50 BST: Reported Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester United target Bruno Fernandes has sparked rumours he could leave Sporting Lisbon this summer after posting an enigmatic message on Instagram.
The Portugal international, who is under contract with Sporting until June 2023 and has a €100 million release clause, shared several videos of his successful season at Sporting with the message: "An unforgettable time! The achievements in the league cup and in the Portuguese cup at collective level, crowned with a personal record! The top scoring midfielder in Europe in recent years. Thank you all for your contributions. Without you this would not be possible."
08.10 BST: Good morning and welcome to Tuesday's Transfer Talk live blog. We kick off with news of more uncertainty at Chelsea where Mateo Kovacic is set to leave the club following his season-long loan spell.
Kovacic could stay despite the transfer ban because he is already registered as a Chelsea player and former boss Sarri wanted the Croatia international to remain but his future is in doubt.
PAPER TALK (by James Capps)
Trippier at heart of full-back merry-go-round
New Juve boss Maurizio Sarri was impressed with the 28-year-old while in charge at Chelsea last season, and has identified the former Burnley man as an ideal replacement for the potentially outgoing Joao Cancelo, who is attracting interest from Premier League champions Manchester City.
Another ex-Chelsea boss interested in signing Trippier is Napoli manager Carlo Ancelotti, and the 60-year-old has already opened talks with Spurs chiefs, who have indicated their willingness to sell the England international for around £25 million.
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino also has Serge Aurier and Kyle Walker-Peters vying for the right-back berth in north London, and any funds from Trippier's sale would represent a welcome boost to the Argentinian's summer transfer kitty as he looks to close the gap on the Premier League summit.
PSG close in on Sarabia swoop
Sevilla sporting director Monchi tried in vain to keep hold of his prized Spaniard, but the 27-year-old has been swayed by a highly lucrative offer from the French champions, and a move is expected to be completed in a matter of days.
Reports claim there was interest in the former Real Madrid youth player from Barcelona, Valencia, and Atletico Madrid, but none of the domestic offers came close to what was on the table from Thomas Tuchel's side.
Sarabia is expected to sign a five-year deal with the Ligue 1 winners following a superb season that has seen him score 23 goals and provide a further 19 assists in all competitions.
Trio in the hunt for Real's Theo
The 21-year-old spent last season on loan at Real Sociedad, making 22 appearances for the Basque club, and the former Atletico Madrid trainee doesn't feature in the plans of Real boss Zinedine Zidane for next season either.
Bayer Leverkusen are believed to be the club who have made the most pressing efforts to sign Hernandez, but a meeting between the player and AC Milan sporting director Paolo Maldini have impressed the left-back.
Napoli are also rumoured to be interested in a move, but they are currently prioritising talks with Madrid over a deal to sign Colombian playmaker James Rodriguez, who has just completed a two-year loan at Bayern Munich.
- Arsenal are plotting a move for Borussia Dortmund defender Dan-Axel Zagadou, according to reports in The Mirror. The Bundesliga runners-up could be tempted to sell the towering centre-half after bolstering their defensive ranks with the signing of Bayern Munich's Mats Hummels in a £30 million deal last week.
- AC Milan chiefs are locked in talks with representatives of Stuttgart defender Ozan Kabak, as they look to beat Bayern Munich to the signing of the 19-year-old central defender. The Turkey youth international is available for a relatively modest fee of €15 million, according to reports at Calciomercato.
- Marca claims Atletico Madrid are considering alternatives in their pursuit of a new centre-back, after becoming frustrated in their attempts to sign Espanyol's Mario Hermoso. Ajax's Daley Blind and Nicolas Otamendi of Manchester City are rumoured to be the back-up options if they fail to land €40-million-rated Hermoso.