LIVE Transfer Talk: Real Madrid want €130m or Paul Pogba for Gareth Bale
The transfer window for Europe's biggest clubs is closed, but you can click here to review all the deals. Transfer Talk will continue to scour the world's media and set correspondents loose to see what's on the agenda for the summer.
TOP STORY: Real Madrid name Bale price tag
So what will it cost to land the 29-year-old? The report says suitors should come to the table with €130 million if they want to sign the winger, who has helped Madrid to four Champions League titles since joining in 2013.
A return to his former club Tottenham or a move to Manchester United appear the two likeliest destinations.
AS says "Madrid would be happy to discuss swap options to move Bale on" and potentially bring in Paul Pogba from Old Trafford.
All this comes on the heels of fairly non-committal comments from manager Zinedine Zidane about Bale's future.
Asked whether the Wales international would be at Madrid next season, he said: "We will see. Gareth is a Real Madrid player, with two years left on his contract."
23. 30 BST: That will do it for tonight's edition of Transfer Talk LIVE. We hope you enjoyed following along to all the transfer gossip and remind you to check back shortly for more rumours and rumblings from around the world of football. Goodnight!
23.10 BST: With rumours swirling that Paul Pogba and Ander Herrera are set to leave Man United, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed one player that will definitely be exiting Old Trafford this summer.
Antonio Valencia, who has been at United since 2009, has reportedly been told he will not to be returning to Old Trafford by Solskjaer.
OGS also confirms Antonio Valencia will leave @ManUtd at end of season— Simon Stone (@sistoney67) April 12, 2019
The 33-year-old has played just eight times for Man United this season and will likely need to take a step down a level in terms of his next if he expects to be a first-team starter at this stage in his career.
22.20 BST: Major League Soccer's Portland Timbers are reportedly closing in on signing a Latin American striker.
According to the Record in Mexico, via MLSsoccer.com, Portland are interested in Necaxa hitman Brian Fernandez, an Argentine who has set Liga MX alight since arriving this year from Racing Club.
Fernandez, 24, ranks third in Liga MX over the past two seasons in goals with 15 and has previously spent time in Argentina, France and Chile.
Portland's search for a new striker has been a drawn-out process but it sounds as if we could be finally approaching the finish line.
21.24 BST: Man United to offer a forgotten first-team member an unlikely new contract?
Reports in Italy claim that Man United are prepared to offer full-back Matteo Darmian a new contract in order to try and keep him at the club.
Darmian, 29, has made just six appearances this season for the Red Devils and has been widely linked with a return to Serie A, specifically with Inter Milan.
20.48 BST: Sadio Mane to Real Madrid?
A report in El Confidencial claims that Real Madrid have two transfer lists one for affordable tagrets and one for luxury targets, with the Senegalese's name on the latter list. The report adds that Madrid would only pursue the player if Mane made it known of his intentions to play for Real Madrid.
Reports indicate that the 27-year-old Mane would cost more than €150 million, with Man United's Paul Pogba another name on the 'luxury target' list.
20.12 BST: With Arsenal chasing Bournemouth playmaker Ryan Fraser, the Cherries face a tough dilemma.
Hold on to Fraser and risk losing him for nothing next season (his current contract expires in 2020) or cash in now on the Scot with his value at an all-time high?
Fraser has six goals and 10 assists for Bournemouth so far this season, his 10 assists ranking third in the Premier League behind only Eden Hazard and Christian Eriksen.
Mirror Sport understands there are no fresh contract talks between Fraser and Bournemouth, with the dynamic winger content to let his contract wind down.
The 25-year-old has ambitions at playing at a bigger club and when asked earlier this month about the links with Arsenal replied:
"It means you are are doing something right.
"They are a huge club, a massive club."
19.43 BST: Everyone seems to be enjoying life at Villa Park lately with Aston Villa having won seven straight games and now up to fifth in the Championship.
Scott Hogan, now on loan at Sheffield United, is one player who isn't loving life with Villa at present, the Republic of Ireland striker having endured a largely barren two years since arriving from Brentford in 2017. Rumours are his Villa nightmare could soon come to an end with fellow Championship side Bristol City interested in taking a flyer on the 26-year-old
Hogan scored 21 goals in 33 games for Brentford between 2015 and 2017 but has scored just seven in 56 for Villa in the same tier
19.07 BST: Wolves to splash the cash on £36 million-rated midfielder?
Twenty-four-year-old Morgan Sanson of Marseille is the rumoured player, despite reports in France that the former France Under-21 international is happy at Marseille.
Sanson has four goals and four assists fin 28 games for OM and is a player the club rate extremely highly and hope to hold on to. That said, If Marseille, currently fifth, do not qualify for Europe, the club could opt to sell Sanson, one of the club's most-prized assets, to recoup some of the money.
Either way, as Wolves showed last summer, the new kids on the block are not afraid to pay up for a player they value.
18.31 BST: Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Wayne Rooney and now... Andy Carroll?
Recent reports have linked the West Ham and England man with a move to MLS and specifically the New England Revolution.
The 30-year-old Carroll has fallen behind Javier Hernandez in the pecking order at the London Stadium and is out of contract at the end of the current season.
Don't get too excited Revs fans, as a club spokesperson told MLSsoccer.com on Thursday that the club is "not interested" in signing the hulking centre-forward.
So Carroll to America seems to be off... for now at least.
18.02 BST: Shifting across the Atlantic for a few moments...
Atlanta United have acquired striker Bienvenue Kanakimana from Czech side MFK Vyskov on loan with an option to buy.
The 19-year-old recently led the Burundian Premier League in goals with 23 and has played for Burundi up to Under-23 level. Kanakimana likely won't crack Atlanta's first team for a while but could be one to monitor for the future.
17.25 BST: We mentioned earlier that Man United are expected to lose Ander Herrera on a free transfer to PSG this summer. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Co. may have zeroed in on a potential replacement if a report in the Evening Standard is to be believed.
The paper writes that Everton's Idrissa Gueye, who was linked heavily with a move to PSG in January, could be recruited to replace Herrera in central midfielder.
Gueye could also be had for a decent price, as recent estimates indicate he could be prised from Goodison Park for around £30 million.
16.47 BST: Attacker Wilfried Zaha has sparkled for Crystal Palace this season, and chairman Steve Parish has said the club has to keep moving forward in order to have a chance of keeping him, the London Evening Standard reports.
15.56 BST: Crystal Palace are among three Premier League sides interested in prolific Birmingham striker Che Adams, according to the Telegraph, which adds that Southampton and Burnley could also make a bid.
15.01 BST: Arsenal were linked with Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Christopher Nkunku during the winter transfer window, and reports in France suggest they could be preparing to make a move for him at the end of the season.
14.32 BST: Ajax defender Matthijs de Ligt has been linked with every big club in Europe, and his manager Erik ten Hag has told Suddeutschen Zeitung he'll definitely be departing in a few months.
"There's zero chance Matthijs de Ligt is staying at Ajax," he said. "There are so many clubs interested in him. He will leave us this summer, but I don't know whether he'll join Bayern or Barcelona."
13.57 BST: Burnley manager Sean Dyche has said he could offer veteran striker Peter Crouch, at the club on a short-term deal, a contract extension. "He's certainly done enough to be in our thinking of what he can do," Dyche told a news conference. "You can see he's got the competitive edge it takes to stay at the top level."
13.23 BST: Manchester United, Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus will scrap it out for the signature of Lyon midfielder Tanguy Ndombele in the summer, the Mirror, citing reports in France, says. It adds that Ndombele could cost up to £90m.
12.53 BST: Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said he will continue to pick Ander Herrera for the rest of the season despite the Spaniard nearing an Old Trafford exit.
Sources have told ESPN FC that the midfielder is expected to leave on a free transfer in the summer and is close to committing to Paris Saint-Germain.
12.27 BST: Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool and Everton are all interested in Ajax winger David Neres, Bild reports.
11.39 BST: Inter defender Milan Skriniar's agent has said Atletico Madrid were interested in signing him when he was at Sampdoria, "but now there's nothing," while despite rumours of interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona, "there are no negotiations open."
10.53 BST: Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will turn his attention away from Crystal Palace right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka after being impressed with the form of Diogo Dalot, the Sun reports. It says Solskjaer "would prefer not to have two youngsters in that position" and could instead look to Paris Saint-Germain's Thomas Meunier.
Attacking midfielder Felix, 19, became the youngest player to score a Europa League hat trick as Benfica beat Frankfurt 4-2 in Lisbon on Thursday.
"He is a rare talent for Portuguese football and for Benfica," Hutter told reporters. "If he continues to play the way he is, he will not be at Benfica for very long."
10.00 BST: Toni Kroos wants to leave Real Madrid, according to AS, which says such a move could free up space for Paul Pogba or Christian Eriksen, "both very much players to Zidane's taste."
But the player himself has had something to say about it.
Información absolutamente falsa‼️‼️‼️ https://t.co/z2PYwz0fiA— Toni Kroos (@ToniKroos) April 12, 2019
09.21 BST: Ajax left-back Nicolas Tagliafico has confirmed he would like to play in the Premier League one day.
The Argentina international is a reported €20m target for Atletico Madrid and Arsenal and, asked about his future, told TyC Sports: "I think the Premier League is the biggest and hardest competition in the world. Being a young football player, you always want to play in Europe and end up playing in the best leagues like the Premier League."
08.56 BST: Neymar's father has been speaking about his son's future and says that, contrary to rumours, Junior is keen to stay at PSG rather than moving back to Barcelona.
He told RMC Sport: "The PSG contract is long. We are only in the second season and even that is not over yet. We have a contract and that is not even at the halfway stage. You need to be relaxed. These sorts of exit rumours will always exist -- you cannot have a player like Neymar without the people and clubs that dream of signing him.
"The supporters can sleep easy -- today, Neymar does not want to leave PSG. He wants to continue in Paris, get back on the pitch and help the club to win titles."
08.30 BST: Diario As reports that Atletico Madrid will have to pay Ruben Dias' release clause of €60m to acquire the Portugal international this summer.
Atletico are in the race to acquire the Benfica centre-back, also a reported target for Manchester United and Juventus, who scored in Benfica's 4-2 triumph over Eintracht Frankfurt in Thursday's Europa League quarterfinal first leg.
Dias is just one of the defenders Atletico are monitoring, with the club having announced the departure of Lucas Hernandez to Bayern Munich for his €80m release clause, while Uruguay centre-back Diego Godin is expected to leave on a free at the end of the season.
PAPER TALK (by Stephen Wright)
Chelsea transfer ban to determine Kovacic future
FIFA imposed a two-window ban in March over breaches of rules over the signing of overseas under-18 players..
The club began an appeal on Thursday, with Kovacic set to become a long-term Chelsea player should the ban be overturned.
But if Chelsea's appeal does not succeed, they will be resigned to letting Kovacic return to Madrid.
Goalkeeper clearout at Burnley?
Pope has found game time hard to come by since Heaton's return from injury, with Hart being dropped after some uncertain performances.
Bournemouth are understood to be among the clubs interested in Pope, while Anders Lindegaard could return to Burnley as their backup option.
- ESPN FC sources have said Ander Herrera will leave Manchester United for Paris Saint-Germain in the summer -- but L'Equipe says Arsenal are making a last-ditch effort to keep the midfielder in England.